viernes, 8 de mayo de 2009

ThE sKaKe´s StEpS

According to the interview and our experiences as a learners of a foreign language in this entry we give us some advices about what should you do after, while and before you reading.

BEFORE READING
Step 1-
Find a comfortable, bright and quiet place to read. If necessary, take with you a dictionary!

Most of the interviewed students answered that to find a comfortable, bright and quiet place before reading can help you to concentrate on the reading.
TANIA SAYS: This is true because when I was in third semester I always turned on the television before I started to read. At the end, I forgot to finish the reading and I stayed watching my TV program.

Step-2 Is important to read the title and try to guess the content of the reading. In this step, if you know something about the topic you are going to read, try to remember it because that would make the reading easier to keep in your mind. Also, it is important to check the highlighted words (they are usually keywords that may help you not to waste time for looking concepts or something like that)

TANIA SAYS:
when I was in first semester I remember that before I started reading I ignored the title because for me it wasn´t important, but I was wrong because the title can help you to know what the text is going to talk about.


WHILE READING
Step 3-
Look for the main idea of the topic and then the main idea of each paragraph.

Step 4- Underline the parts more interesting for you or the parts you think are the most important and take little notes. Only if it is necessary, underline the unknown words and look for them in your dictionary.

MARGARITA SAYS:
when I find something important or difficult to understand for me, I underline and summarize it into a simple sentence. Then I write down the sentence just next to the paragraph where I get the information. In this way, I can remember it better without having to reread.

AFTER READING
Step 5- After an extended reading you may be exhausted, so take a little break (just few minutes!), then try to remember. You can tell yourself what you have just read.

Step 6- Make a mind map to organize your ideas, or make a summary with your own words.

TANIA SAYS:
When I was in fourth semester and I had to read after I finished reading I always did a mind map. It helped me to keep important things.

Step 7- if you read because you had an exam, a class or homework, after these things you should review your notes to correct your possible mistakes. This may help you to build your knowledge.

...and you have done a good job!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario